Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chinese Dragon Dance in Khmer Royal Palace

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Wednesday, February 02, 2011
By Khmer Borann

This morning of February 2, 2011, I went to work and drove my motorcycle on Sothearos Boulevard of Phnom Penh. When I reached the former National Assembly building I could not go further because the road was blocked by the police. I was forced to turn to the east passing former building of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then turned to the north on Sisowath street. At first I thought there might be a foreign delegation visiting the Royal Palace, but when I reached the road section in front of the Royal Palace, I saw a large group of Dragon Dancer (ម៉ុងសាយ) preparing to enter the Royal Palace. I also heard the complaint from some motorists about the blockage of the road. Some complained “Just for Dragon Dance, the road is blocked and causing trouble for the motorists”. Other said "Is it great that our Khmer King celebrate Chinese New Year?"

No comments:

Post a Comment